Reporting of a Missing Person SafetyFriday When a person goes missing, it is of the utmost...
Reporting of a #Missing Person #SafetyFriday When a person goes missing, it is of the utmost importance for the SAPS to fulfill our mandate to serve and protect the citizens of South Africa.
It is essential to take steps and
start the investigation into a missing person's case immediately.
You can assist the SAPS when reporting a missing person by following these steps:...
• THERE IS NO WAITING PERIOD TO REPORT A MISSING PERSON! Report a missing person at your nearest police station immediately.
• Produce a recent photograph of the missing person, if possible.
• Give a complete description of the missing person's last whereabouts, clothes that they were wearing, as well as any information that can assist the investigating officer.
Complete and sign a SAPS 55(A) form.
• Obtain the investigating officer's contact details, and send any additional information that might become available.
• If a missing person is found or returns voluntarily, inform the investigating officer immediately.
A SAPS 92 form must be completed to inform the Bureau of Missing Persons that the missing person's report can be removed from the circulation system.
Let us be vigilant and work collectively to keep families together and safe.
TAP IMAGE/S BELOW TO EXPAND